Gumball (formerly Zach) Tristopher Watterson is the main character and protagonist of the show The Amazing World of Gumball, also in the fanon. He is an irresponsible cat who always gets in trouble. When he is in trouble, he will think up silly ideas to get himself and his friends out of trouble, but that usually gets them in more trouble. He is a currently sixteen-year-old blue cat that goes to Elmore High, with his adopted brother Darwin and his quadruplet sisters Mabel, Rayona and Purriana Grande. Gumball is in Miss Simian's class. As of "Nuttels Fights a Bee," Gumball is dating Cobby. He belongs to a weird family that is composed of him, Darwin, his older brother Fireball, his aforementioned quadruplet sisters, his dad Richard, his mom Nicole, his younger sister Anais, grandparents and many, many uncles, aunts and cousins.
|Gumball (former Zachary) Tristopher Watterson|
|Age:|| 16 (current)|
12 (in Season 1 and 2)
13 (in Season 3 and in The Amazing World of Gumball: The Movie)
17 (in The Amazing World of Gumball: After Years)
|Birthday:||October 16th, 2000|
|Also Known as:|| GB |
Pigeon (by Nuttels)
Gumbo (by Nuttels)
|Friends:|| Darwin (best friend)|
Penny (former crush)
|Enemies:|| Miss Simian|
|Relatives:|| Fireball, Darwin (brothers)|
Mabel, Rayona, Purriana, Anais, (sisters), Nicole (mother), Richard (father)
Beckie, Conny, Lily, Olivia (maternal cousins)
Stanley (second cousin)
|Voiced by:||Jacob Hopkins|
Nicole and Richard were expecting to have one child, however, she was conceiving quadruplets. Gumball was born 5 minutes later than his sisters, making him the youngest. Due to some complications, he was born with a really ugly facial structure, which the doctors to perform a surgery to fix this.
As a toddler, he mostly stayed with his quadruplet sisters and maternal grandparents since his parents were in debt. At home, he was the most energetic bundle Helen and Viktor could imagine, but in public he was extremely shy and easily scared by the surroundings, thing that didn't let him make many friends in Portland. Shortly after returning back home, Nicole and Richard decide to buy the kids a pet fish - several, in fact. However, one of them was considered special by Gumball, and that one fish spurted lungs and legs and become his best friend. When he was twelve, the Nuttelses moved in to their neighborhood. Gumball wanted to meet them, but Nicole told him that he would have to wait because he still had school. He talked with his siblings about this and were excited to meet them. At the end of day, they eventually met their neighbors. Mabel introduces him and Darwin to Cobby and his brothers and sisters. As he was about to introduce himself to Martha, she bit Gumball's arm and called him a "sucker" because he called her "rude". He still was nice to her, convinced that she acted like that because she was surrounded by strangers.
When the quadruplets were twelve year old, Purriana's contract ended, so she had to move back to Elmore. Mabel, Rayona and Gumball were unpleased with their sister's new personality, so they (alongside Darwin) planned to revert her old self, only to find out Purriana is, more or less, still the same, but her personality shifted because of the new entourage and the sparse contact over the years, and eventually reconciled.
Gumball is a light blue cat with five visible whiskers and a mole on his right cheek. He has messy curly auburn hair with pale yellow curls, yarns and streaks sticking out. He wears a beige colored sweater with a field drab colored neckline and cuffs, he also wears dark grey pants with cream trimmings. He is a little chubby around his torso and waist and has wobbly limbs. He has a birthmark on his right eye shaped like a octogonal eight-pointed star.
In RC's depiction at 13, Gumball has shaggy maroon (chestnut, brown-red) hair. His new attire consist in a light grey sweater and dark blue jeans. He has a birthmark shaped as a eight-pointed star on his right ear.
In Season 4, his attire is almost same. He keeps his Aerium Gem in a belt, and wears grey gloves with a wind sign.
in "Gumball Final Fantasy" he has a black long sleeved shirt, dark blue jeans, black gloves, shaggy Marion hair, wears his Aerium gem as a belt and his weapon is a razor blade.
Gumball is a trouble prone, genre-savvy and somewhat upbeat cat, He can be very over reactive. He usually gets in trouble because of his crazy shenanigans. He is somewhat polite, , because he will do whatever someone asks him to do until he gets fedup with it. Gumball's antics sometimes keeps him from learning some key lessons of life.
He is very cocky, moody and mischievous, but he tries his best to stick with his few friends. He is somewhat a loner and has a hard time making decisions, so he always relies on them. He tends to be both practical and impractical, and is very analytic and ethical. On the outside, he is depressed, critical, impulsive and sarcastic, but on the inside, he is a sensitive, loving softie who tends to get scared a lot.
in "Gumball Final Fantasy" he's cocky, tough, but serious, polite and nice 14 teenager. He is the leader in the gang and fights together, but turned down his role, for he still obeys his laziness. He is very competitive, just like Conny and Rayona, and competes each other.
- Gumball is one of the 3 characters who have appeared in every episode.
- He once hid upside down in Remote Fun Time!.
- Gumball is one of the few characters who are actually from the real show, and not OCs.
- As shown in The Quest, Gumball can't catch many things thrown at him.
- Gumball can be somewhat lazy, like Nuttels. In fact, the latter had taught him several tricks in procrastinating.
- As in "The Name" his real name is Zach, and is later changed to Gumball
- His nickname (later "legal" name) is based on the food and candy "Gumball".
- Gumball is the only male between the Watterson Quadruples.
- Nuttels claims his arms are always sweaty.
- Gumball is one of the few characters who break the fourth wall.
- Gumball has a nano in FusionFall, a game in Cartoon Network. In the game, his dad, The GI, and the game Splash Master are mentioned.
- Gumball has a very imaginative mind, as shown in "The Words" where he fights Darwin, making the environment pixelated, like a old video game, the way that happened seems fairly similar to "Street Fighter".
- In the fanon, he and his family are relatives with the Peterssons, because Robin is Nicole's brother.
- He hangs out with more girls than boys (Nuttels and his sisters).
- He knows how to play a triangle. Nuttels unsuccessfully tried to teach him how to play the tuba too.
- Gumball used to wear braces.
- He is the youngest of the quadruplets.
- He still talks in his sleep.
- He is one inch smaller than his sisters Rayona and Purriana, but two inch smaller than Mabel. However, he is one inch taller than Cobby and Darwin.
- The symbols on his gloves caused some unpredictable things on himself, like turning into gas or illusions or even duplicate.
- He and Cobby have been on about twenty dates according to The Lookback.
- He has a rather weird taste in music - he loves obscure genres.
- Gumball is a parallel to Jim from Parallelverse.
- He his favorite foods are chocolate, cheese and ketchup.
- Gumball always falls for Nuttels' catnip trick.